I was once called Wonder Woman.

Now, I am a mom of 3 living her daily life fighting osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia at 31. So many things I used to be able to do, I have no chance at now. This is hopefully a humorous therapy for me. Just chronicalling my journey through motherhood, being a good wife, being a mother, and every day daily stuffs. :D

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Impossible...

im·pos·si·ble

[im-pos-uh-buhl] Show IPA
–adjective
1. not possible; unable to be, exist, happen, etc.
2. unable to be done, performed, effected, etc.: an impossible assignment.
3. incapable of being true, as a rumor.
4. not to be done, endured, etc., with any degree of reason or propriety: an impossible situation.
5. utterly impracticable: an impossible plan.
6. hopelessly unsuitable, difficult, or objectionable.
 
Notice number 6? It says difficult. Impossible isnt meant to be easy. It's meant to show you that there are amazing things happening out there every day! It's one of the strongest words in the English language.
 
What does impossible mean to you? What impossible things have you experienced?
 
My impossible things include my son living despite an incredibly low heart rate right before his birth, and the umbilical cord being wrapped around his neck 3 times. It includes doing everything I could to ruin my marriage because I didnt trust anyone, and never let myself get hurt, only to open up to my husband and enjoy some of the most wonderful times of my life with him now! It includes being a drug addict, living in a house with a bunch of other druggies, and meeting my husband, whom helped me get out of that lifestyle. It also means my boss at work surviving 2 brain tumor surgeries, radiation treatments, and being one of the most amazing men I have ever known, who loves to go to the Colts home games! Impossible includes me now being on speaking terms with my father, whom was a very verbally abusive alcoholic before. Impossible is watching a bunch of miners trapped in a cave in for months get pulled out through a tube, without a single hitch that day, all of them healthy, alive, and well.
 
Impossible isn't so impossible, is it? It's just hard to do it for yourself. It is so easy to give everyone else your advice when something is impossible, but so hard to do it when you face it yourself. Give it a try! I am sure you will be glad you did! :)
 
Dan over at Single Dad Laughing has many other examples of impossible happening. Go check it out, it's quite the inspiring list!

No comments:

Post a Comment