I was once called Wonder Woman.

Now, I am a mom of 3 living her daily life fighting osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia at 31. So many things I used to be able to do, I have no chance at now. This is hopefully a humorous therapy for me. Just chronicalling my journey through motherhood, being a good wife, being a mother, and every day daily stuffs. :D

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

My bestest best friend..

This adorable little ball of fluff and fur is my dog, Joy. She was aptly named that by L, my oldest daughter. When she was born, the sack burst while she was only nose out of the canal. We had to help her out, and pull her out while I pulled and L held her mother. L promptly exclaimed "We should name her Joy, because it's a joy she is alive!".It was almost Christmas (12-12-09 is her b-day), and it quickly stuck.


She answers to many, many other names...little sh*t, Joyjoy, Fuzzy girl, babydoll, pookie-girl, fuzzybutt, etc. She is the happiest little thing I have EVER seen,and the BEST dog I have ever owned! She's paper trained, she is a snuggle bug, she loves nothing more than curling up on my lap and going to sleep, or curling up with me under the blankets at bedtime. She has a wide variety of clothes, as at 3lbs even, she doesnt hold body heat very well. Everything from a bright pink winter coat, to an adorable little red/white Mrs. Claus dress for Christmas, to sweaters, hoodies, etc. She also has a few harnesses, one of which is my favorite and came from her Chihuahua forum secret santa! By the way, she HATES hoods or hats...as you can see..


She is a Chihuahua mix, and my baby! My mom owns her brother, who was the runt of the litter, but is now bigger than she is, and a very good friend of mine owns her other brother.  They have both found wonderful homes for their entire lives, just as Joy will always be with us.

Now mind you, to give you that info was kinda required. It helps you to understand how she is my bestest best friend.


She goes almost everywhere with me, and helps me get over the fear of leaving the house due to pain. See, when this all first started, I went to work that morning, and almost could not drive myself home. Since then, I have been having extreme bouts of anxiety concerning walking, driving, anything that requires me to leave the house. She has been helping me to overcome this. She LOVES to go for car rides, walks, etc. This means when I do go out, I have some sort of companionship to help me with this. That would be Joy!

Now, the funny part is...when she gets REALLY sleepy, she can't hold her ears up! They get super floppy, and she reminds me of Yoda.


                                                                                                                                   Size matters not.
                                                                                         -- Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment