I was once called Wonder Woman.

Now, I am a mom of 3 living her daily life fighting osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia at 31. So many things I used to be able to do, I have no chance at now. This is hopefully a humorous therapy for me. Just chronicalling my journey through motherhood, being a good wife, being a mother, and every day daily stuffs. :D

Friday, December 24, 2010

My favorite time of year...


This is my absolute, positively, most favorite time of the year! I adore the holidays! I love it from Halloween on through New Years. Halloween is my favorite out of all the holidays, but Christmas is a very, very close second. This year, however, has been REALLY difficult for me. Going out and standing/walking while shopping has been super difficult. Bending over wrapping gifts has been super difficult. Today has been especially hard. Our second car, my car, has been broken down for a while now. A friend of hubby's was supposed to come tow it to a shop while hubby was in the Phillippines, and couldnt make it, so now he is coming to get it after Christmas instead now. This means, that with 5 kids and 2 adults, we could not make it to my Grandmothers for Christmas dinner today without renting a car. Well, I called and got the reservation, but due to the womans incompetance, they did not actually reserve it as they were supposed to, and we did not end up getting the rental, they had NOTHING left, as it is Christmas Eve. It saddened me a lot not to be able to make it to my Grandmothers. It is one of the very, very few times I get to see most of my family. It was the only chance I really could have gotten to see my cousin whom is pregnant with her first little boy. (I'm soooo excited for her!!)

I love Christmas, but this pain is causing me to go grinch this year. I'm trying my best to still be festive. I'm still wearing my santas hat, still put up all the decorations, etc. It's just been VERY difficult for me, the pain medication is not doing a whole lot these last few days, and lack of sleep last night (a whopping 2 hrs!) and for the last few nights has not helped any. :( I really wish I could just not hurt for a few days to actually be able to enjoy the holiday this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment